[fedora-virt] kvm/qemu network problem

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 09:30:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 10:27 -0400, Bret Rusnak wrote:
> In installed win xp and everything installed fine, however my virtual
> network card is not getting an ip address from my router.  It is showing
> up as a realtek RTL 8139 network card and is showing that the device is
> working properly.

That should work fine. Have you tried a Fedora guest, does it work?

What is the <interface> part of "virsh dumpxml <guest>"? What's
in /var/log/libvirt/qemu/<guest>.log

See here for more useful information you could provide to help diagnose
the issue:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reporting_virtualization_bugs

Cheers,
Mark.