[fedora-virt] febootstrap purpose status

Can I get an explanation of the targeted users of this distro? The reason I ask is twofold. 1) I am looking for a bare metal OS to base real time control on and 2) I believe that VMware has it right with respects to hypervisor architecture. Again, a bare metal host with the actual guest OS running the interface and application code.

My current configuration using Fedora 11 as the host and running WinXP as a guest is what I term the "workstation" mode. The host OS still performs user interface and file storage functions for users. This is the same as using VMware workstation. The full hyperviser mode would be a minimum Fedora build that allows a command line only interface. No graphics libraries or other user intereface systems. This is essentially ESX. I would create a Fedora 11 appliance and a WinXP appliance and import these through command line instructions. (Or better yet, Fedora would release a distro that included installing the bare metal version and the full Fedora appliance.) The Fedora guest then could connect back to the bare metal host to perform monitoring and VM management function (oVirt). I want this on my laptop. Upgrading the host while it is also serving as a workstation is too risky and a lot of work to perform OS testing and evaluation. It's too easy to copy out one's guest VMs and reload or upgrade the host. Then when this activity is complete just reinstall the original host and VM appliances. Backup and restore are much easier as well. The last I saw on the febootstrap size I believe it was just under 20 mb. This still seams extremely large for a bare metal system. I need the Fedora filesystem with KVM and the hardware driver library. How small can we go? I would like to try this.

Thanks for any feedback and direction
Paul