Re: [fedora-virt] Installing kernel packages under libguestfs

I've attached two patches to the bugzilla ticket, [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=346476] and [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=346475], which resolve the issue for me.

Short story: initramfs can't be bind mounted. (I actually ran into this several months back on one of my own projects, but failed to remember it in this context until recently). As our /dev is on an initramfs filesystem, the attempt to bind mount it into /sysroot/dev was failing. Mounting a tmpfs filesystem on /dev before running MAKEDEV works around the core issue.

Using --rbind rather than --bind for the bind mounts around --command is a relatively minor enhancement, making any other mounts under /dev, /sys and /proc (such as /dev/pts) visible to commands running in the guest.