[fedora-virt] Adding VM to virt-manager

Hi,
How do I add a custom-built vm to virt-manager? I basically created an empty image, untarred a template setup into it and made it boot using qemu-kvm from the shell. Now I'd like to make this vm visible in virt-manager so that I can manage it from there. I tried creating a domain xml file in /etc/libvirt/qemu but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Regards,
  Dennis