Re: [fedora-virt] Adding VM to virt-manager

Dennis J. wrote:
Hi,
How do I add a custom-built vm to virt-manager? I basically created an empty image, untarred a template setup into it and made it boot using qemu-kvm from the shell. Now I'd like to make this vm visible in virt-manager so that I can manage it from there. I tried creating a domain xml file in /etc/libvirt/qemu but that doesn't seem to be enough.

virt-image is the tool you want. Create an xml file in the format of [1] and then run virt-image against it.

-- bk

[1] http://people.redhat.com/dlutter/virt-image/virt-image-xml.html