Re: [fedora-virt] Adding VM to virt-manager

On 06/05/2009 04:48 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
Dennis J. wrote:
Hi,
How do I add a custom-built vm to virt-manager? I basically created an
empty image, untarred a template setup into it and made it boot using
qemu-kvm from the shell. Now I'd like to make this vm visible in
virt-manager so that I can manage it from there. I tried creating a
domain xml file in /etc/libvirt/qemu but that doesn't seem to be enough.

virt-image is the tool you want. Create an xml file in the format of [1]
and then run virt-image against it.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Regards,
  Dennis