[fedora-virt] iPod Touch + Fedora 11 + KVM + WinXP guest + iTunes?

I want a Win XP guest (running under a fresh F11 install) to talk to my shiny new iPod Touch. I tried adding the "Apple Inc. iPod" USB device to the guest's hardware list with virt-manager, but even after restarting everything it isn't recognized (it's still picked up by the host OS - which doesn't know what to do with it - and not seen at all by the guest).

Has anybody done this? Any hints?

(a better solution would be if RhythmBox or some other program figured out how to talk to the Touch (and/or iPhone), but as far as I've found, that hasn't happened yet).