Re: [fedora-virt] F12 feature: Host information

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:

I posted this page on the wiki last week, which is a feature we intend
to implement for Fedora 12:

Any comments?

Thanks for the heads up.

My only comment is that generally hosts are already some kind of monitoring daemon (e.g. collectd) -- and this will mean they may have to end up running another.

If there one tht RHEL customers tend to run? If so, perhaps a plugin to that to extract the information would be simpler / less intrusive.

For the guest side, it sounds like you will be inventing a text based protocol to ask for statistical information about the host -- I just wonder if such a protocol already exists. And if there is already a client for that, then the guest side would just be the channel hookup, rather than any client dev.