[fedora-virt] default tftp root dir in virt-manager or qemu?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 16:50:12 UTC 2009

Hey,

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 19:28 +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> It seems that the guest gets one of the available ip provided by
> dhcpd, also it founds dhcpd and tftp server: both are set to
> 192.168.122.1 (the server itself with its virbro default interface).
> No configuration done by me.
> I see /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml with some parameters but
> I don't know if and how I can put here also tftp settings....

Yeah, what we really need here is to have support for setting up TFTP
for libvirt's virtual networks - e.g.

  <tftp root="/var/lib/tftpboot/linux-install" />
  <bootp file="pxelinux.0" />

which would cause dnsmasq to be run with:

  --enable-tftp --tftp-root=/var/lib/libvirt/tftp \
  --dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0

we'd also need to open port 69 in our iptables rules.

Please file an RFE for this in bugzilla.redhat.com/Virtualization ...
maybe even give a shot at cooking up a patch?

Cheers,
Mark.