[fedora-virt] [ANNOUNCE] New release virt-manager 0.7.0

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 16:53:50 UTC 2009

Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> Cole Robinson wrote:
>> I'm happy to announce a new virt-manager release, version 0.7.0. The
>> release can be downloaded from:
>>
>> http://virt-manager.org/download.html
>>
>> The direct download link is:
>>
>> http://virt-manager.org/download/sources/virt-manager/virt-manager-0.7.0.tar.gz
>>
>> This release includes:
>>
>>   - Redesigned 'New Virtual Machine' wizard
>>         (Jeremy Perry, Tim Allen, Cole Robinson)
>>   - Option to remove storage when deleting a virtual machine.
>>   - File browser for libvirt storage pools and volumes, for use when
>>       attaching storage to a new or existing guest.
>>   - Physical device assignment (PCI, USB) for existing virtual machines.
>>   - Bug fixes and minor improvements.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release through testing,
>> bug reporting, submitting patches, and otherwise sending in feedback!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cole

> I just attempted to build an RPM for Fedora 10 using the tarball linked
> above. It failed at two separate points. First, it could not build the
> manpages, because no Makefile existed in man/en. Once I copied the
> Makefile from the repository, it also failed missing the
> python-virtinst.spec file.

Ah, yes building an rpm from the extracted tarball has some issues, I'll
fix these upstream. For future reference, you can just do:

rpmbuild -ta virtinst-0.400.3.tar.gz

And it will build an rpm. To install without an rpm, 'cd' into the
checkout and run:

python setup.py build && python setup.py install

Thanks,
Cole