[fedora-virt] New to virtualizatoin

I am new to using virtualization and, after some effort, I have created and then cloned a virtual image on a laptop with an Intel P8400 processor using Fedora 10. Unfortunately, when I run the cloned image I don't have proper cursor control, even after pressing ctrl-alt. Any suggestions? Is there a straightforward guide to creating and managing virtual applications under Fedora 10? I know that KVM and VMWare use different mechanisms. My understanding is that KVM accesses the hardware directly whilst VMWare creates a base system through which all information, from the virtual systems, is routed. However, is it possible to migrate an image from Fedora to VMware? Many thanks, Brendan