Re: [fedora-virt] New to virtualizatoin

Brendan Whelan wrote:
I am new to using virtualization and, after some effort, I have created and then cloned a virtual image on a laptop with an Intel P8400 processor using Fedora 10. Unfortunately, when I run the cloned image I don't have proper cursor control, even after pressing ctrl-alt. Any suggestions? Is there a straightforward guide to creating and managing virtual applications under Fedora 10?
For the mouse issue you might look at http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-virt/2009-February/msg00083.html
Virt-manager is used to run VMs on F10
I know that KVM and VMWare use different mechanisms. My understanding is that KVM accesses the hardware directly whilst VMWare creates a base system through which all information, from the virtual systems, is routed. However, is it possible to migrate an image from Fedora to VMware? Many thanks, Brendan
While I hate to explain this, here it is: you can convert the disk format to VMW vmdk format using qemu-img and just run it there.