Re: [fedora-virt] Re: [Fedora-xen] Re: Dom0 kernels

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 07:14:43PM +0000, M A Young wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Jan ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:
>
>> Can I ask you to create an yum repository with these packages?
>> I think scratch builds are cleaned after some days, so moving these files
>> into another server to an repository may be helpful.
>
> Okay I have created a mini repository at
> http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/ . I haven't done so before because
> I wasn't sure how much use it will be, since rawhide kernels will in
> general be more recent than mine so yum won't fetch them, but if koji is
> going to delete files then it is probably worth it after all.

Thanks.
You can avoid replacing your kernel by renaming name of your package.
You can name it kernel-dom0 (can't be named kernel-xen, because this package
was obsoleted) or something similar.

> The repository contains packages from the kernel 2.6.29-1.2.15.fc11 build
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1263156 without the
> debuginfo packages which would take up too much space. Those are
> available from koji until it decides to delete them.

May be an f10 repository will be useful too. With all packages needed to run
dom0 on Fedora 10.

				SAL