Re: [fedora-virt] P2V and grub bootloader

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 02:34:22PM +0200, Dennis J. wrote:
I've rebuilt all of those and installed them:

febootstrap-1.7-1.fc10.1.noarch
fakechroot-2.9-22.fc10.i386
fakeroot-1.12.2-21.fc10.i386
qemu-0.10-15.fc10.i386

Also I'm using the brand-new libguestfs-1.0.18-1.fc11.src.rpm to try to
rebuild it for f10 but I still get fatal errors:

Lots of these:
/usr/bin/pod2html: inspector/virt-inspector.pl: unknown pod directive
'encoding' in paragraph 5.  ignoring.
/usr/bin/pod2html: inspector/virt-inspector.pl: cannot resolve
L<guestfish(1)>  in paragraph 44.
/usr/bin/pod2html: inspector/virt-inspector.pl: cannot resolve
L<guestfish(1)>  in paragraph 69.
/usr/bin/pod2html: inspector/virt-inspector.pl: cannot resolve
L<guestfs(3)>  in paragraph 139.

Ignore these, they're just documentation warnings.

Then I see this:
malloc: 4103338240: Cannot allocate memory
DB_ENV->set_lk_detect: unknown deadlock detection mode specified
DB_ENV->txn_stat_print interface requires an environment configured for
the transaction subsystem

These seem to be from the Python BerkleyDB library.  Trying to
allocate 4 GB of memory, nice one Python.

I don't have a Fedora 10 i386 box to test against, but my suggestion
is to upgrade to the latest Yum (especially) and Python (if possible)
from F11/F12.

This is what I'm using on F11 i386:

$ rpm -q python yum
python-2.6-7.fc11.i586
yum-3.2.22-4.fc11.noarch

I updated yum but still get the segfault but the malloc error didn't reappear.

Updating Python really isn't an option as that basically forces a distribution upgrade anyway due to its massive dependency tail.

In the line:
run_yum: line 1: 13054 Segmentation fault yum -y -c "$tmpdir"/febootstrap.repo --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=febootstrap --noplugins --nogpgcheck --installroot="$target" install "$@"

what are the contents of "$tmpdir/febootstrap.repo"? I tried finding it in the build directory after the failure but (also run_yum) but I couldn't find them anywhere. I want to execute that command manually in order to track down the cause of the segfault.

Regards,
  Dennis