Libguestfs on Debian (was: Re: [fedora-virt] P2V and grub bootloader)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun May 24 14:57:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 01:18:28PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> (1) Port febootstrap plus its deps to your distro.  Approximately
> those deps would be: yum, python-rpm, fakeroot, fakechroot >= 2.9.

So this is the approach I took, and libguestfs + febootstrap now
compiles and passes most of the tests on Debian.

I'll try to post some more detailed instructions later, or even get
the package into Debian, but for now let me just say that you do need
to use the * latest versions of everything from git *, and keep your
wits about you.

Also you can following postings on my blog: http://rwmj.wordpress.com/
and look at libguestfs bugs if you some specific issue:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Fedora

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/