[Fwd: Re: [fedora-virt] Hostdev XML Not Working (Libvirt)]

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue May 26 21:20:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 05:00:01PM -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
[...]

Before looking at Koji, make sure updated packages aren't in Fedora
updates-testing or in the new Rawhide virt repo:

  yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install [...]

or see here:

  http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-virt/2009-May/msg00074.html

> I guess I need to explore the world of Koji. I don't know how to grab
> Koji updates.

There are two ways to do it.  Manually, go here:

  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/

Type the package name you want into the box in the top right corner,
for example 'libvirt' takes you here:

  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=91

then click on the version you want to try out, download the RPMs for
your architecture, and install them manually (including resolving any
dependencies manually).

The alternate, automatic way to do this is to create a file
/etc/yum.repos.d/koji.repo which should contain:

  [koji]
  name=Koji
  baseurl=http://koji.fedoraproject.org/static-repos/dist-f12-build-current/x86_64/
  enabled=0
  gpgcheck=0
  keepcache=0

Replace 'f12' with your base distro, and 'x86_64' with your
architecture.  You can browse the Koji static repos here:

  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/static-repos/

I _do not_ recommend that you enable this repository by default, but
instead enable it just when you need it, thus:

  yum --enablerepo=koji install [...]

Installing packages from Koji can be quite dangerous to your system
because you're on the bleeding edge of the bleeding edge, testing
packages that have just been built before anyone else.  Maybe even
packages that the maintainer knows are broken and doesn't want to
'escape' into the wild.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v