[fedora-virt] libguestfs - no ext3 support building on CentOS 5

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 27 14:27:04 UTC 2009

[Please keep fedora-virt CC'd on these ...]

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 09:18:33AM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:
> > Does it work if you modify make-initramfs to add the extra module?
>
> I can't give a full reply until I'm back at the office (no remote access
> atm), but editing make-initramfs.sh.in did indeed resolve that particular
> issue.

Could you check this patch to see if it should work:

http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=commitdiff;h=213988115a8fd25266050228ac5184264f56baf8

> However, the logic for skipping the zerofree test if
> /usr/sbin/zerofree wasn't found inside the guest wasn't working, so it still
> proceeded to fail even with working ext3 support.

I'll take a look at this one on my CentOS machine ...

> Also, the CentOS 5 %check script was trying to use test-command without
> compiling it first.

That'll be a bug.  Do you mean the EPEL package or the contributed
CentOS spec file (in contrib/)?

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html