[fedora-virt] Re: virt-inspector calling guestfs_umount_all() before launch()?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 28 19:22:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 05:58:30PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:50:00AM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
> > Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >> It's completely untested, and might even segfault the Perl bindings
> >> because of BZ #501892 (which really needs to be fixed).
>
> I'm still fixing this one ...

This ridiculously large patch fixes 501892 and a number of other bugs
in the language bindings, and also adds detailed regression tests so
hopefully we won't end up adding any bugs like this back in future:

http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=commitdiff;h=babc0846cc911b01a58a7385d30ad25889b7175a

> > One other issue with that patch is that it passes an empty string rather
> > than no secondary parameter at all in place of the null:
> >
> >    /usr/bin/qemu-kvm -snapshot '' -drive file=da.qcow2 [...]
>
> I think that's the same bug in the Perl bindings actually.  The
> C code looks correct.

The Perl binding was turning undef into '', incorrectly of
course.  This is fixed by the above patch.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)