Re: [fedora-virt] Re: virt-inspector calling guestfs_umount_all() before launch()?

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
I guess we can, but is there a better way?

The guests could use "blockdev --setro" prior to any read-only mount calls to prevent the ext3 code from being able to replay its journal.

If the journal replay is necessary for the filesystem's metadata to be consistent, though, I'm not sure that this is really "better".