Re: [fedora-virt] virtual machine manager - rename virtual machine

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:32:02 -0500
Gerry Maddock wrote:

> Is there a way I can rename an existing virtual machine as seen from virtual machine manager? I don't see a way to do it from the Virtual Machine manager, but I'd rather edit a file anyway.

One way would be something like:

virsh dumpxml oldname > newname.xml
virsh undefine oldname
edit newname.xml to change name embedded in the xml
virsh define newname.xml

of course, that is probably not a good idea while
the machine is running.