Re: [fedora-virt] ubuntu 9.10 KVM on fedora 11 question

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:31:10 +0000
Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> So as Mark said, a tcpdump is vital to solve
> the issue.

I still have no ideas why the virt-viewer console stopped working
at the same time, but going through logs on the guest machines
showed $# ! NetworkManager deciding it needed to do a brand
new DHCPDISCOVER for the network connection which was already up,
resulting in the IP address changing out from under my original
connection. After much cursing and poking of sticks at
NetworkManager I think the connection is now staying up. Why
my "real hardware" ubuntu 9.10 machine doesn't suffer from the
same problem, I don't know.