Re: [fedora-virt] using kqemu with fedora-virt-preview repo

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Chris Lalancette <clalance redhat com> wrote:

I do think you are wrong, as you found out below; we have kqemu specifically
disabled.  kqemu is going away, and in fact has been ripped out of upstream
qemu, because it only kind-of sort-of works some of the time.

Ok, I will keep this information and in fact found references that also in f11 stock,
even if one installs kqemu package from rpmfusion, he/she receives the error ...
What exactly do you mean with "ripped out of upstream"?
That I cannot use at all the tgz provided inside the src.rpm?
At least I would like to try something, as I read happy Ubuntu users regarding kqemu and recent qemu and kernel versions.... and with very good performance in guests too...
Having a BL25p G1 server with two Dual core Amd 275 cpus and getting so slow VMs is a pity... in my opinion

> Any problems to compile kqemu support ?

Yes, it's completely unmaintained, not upstream, and never will be.  Sorry, the
way of the future is KVM (and possibly Xen dom0 support, if and when it makes it
into upstream Linux).

OK. But perhaps if one could at least test...

Thanks,
Gianluca