[fedora-virt] how to attach to qemu monitor

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 15:09:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Don Dutile <ddutile at redhat.com> wrote:

> Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>
>> I don't remember if it is possible to connect to qemu monitor with
>> virt-manager/libvirtd managed guests.
>> If so, how can I accomplish this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Gianluca
>>
> do you mean?:
>
> virsh console <guest-name>

No, not this.
Putting correct lines in guest kernel command line I'm able to see what you
wrote, directly from virt-manager through
View --> Consoles --> Serial 0

I mean qemu monitor itself. The one that you activate inside qemu guest when
you run qemu or qemu-kvm and then press Ctrl+ Alt + 2
and you get something like

QEMU 0.11.0 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu)

I understand that it would be risky to make things from the qemu monitor
itself bypassing libvirt, and so I asked, just to know

Thanks,
Gianluca