Re: [fedora-virt] Porting existing virtual machines to newer Fedora

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:29:08 +0100
Gianluca Sforna wrote:

> After installation I'd like to recover from a backup the existing
> virtual machines; is there any documentation on the
> proper/recommended/safer method for doing the job?

What has worked for me is doing "virsh dumpxml" to save the
machine def on f11, then "virsh define" to reload the xml on
f12. (As long as libvirt is configured the same way first,
which for me means getting my bridge defined for bridge
networking).