Re: [fedora-virt] info on save function in virt-manager

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Chris Lalancette <clalance redhat com> wrote:
Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Is the save function in virt-manager for a vm equivalent to these steps:
>
> 1) pause vm (for example in virt-manager gui)
> 2) save disk image to file
> 3) run vm again
> ?
> Is any mem state preserved in this save operation?

It's equivalent to steps 1) and 2), followed by a kill of the paused VM.  And
yes, the memory state is preserved.  On a restore, the memory state is restored,
and the VM is set running again.

And is it supposed to work at this time on F11 + fedora-virt-preview repo?
Because I get the window saying "operation in progress" but it seems blocked.

In fact also a "virsh list" command at this point remains pending.....

The process seems to have only being written about 1400 bytes of the saved file:
-rw------- 1 root root     1400 2009-09-21 17:46 save_vm_prova2

An fuser command on that file gives nothing.
An strace on virt-manager process gives:
[root virtfedbis tmp]# strace -p 648
Process 648 attached - interrupt to quit
futex(0x2ff705c, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE, 1, NULL

The Vm is no more reachable and was doing almost nothing when the "save" operation was started.
It seems nothing relevant in messages or virt-manager.log or vm log prova2.log....

If it is supposed to work I'm going to open a bug...

Thanks,
Gianluca