Re: [fedora-virt] info on save function in virt-manager

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Chris Lalancette <clalance redhat com> wrote:
Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> And is it supposed to work at this time on F11 + fedora-virt-preview repo?
> Because I get the window saying "operation in progress" but it seems
> blocked.

Yeah, I think there's a bug currently in the code.  I believe markmc has
recently ported that patch back, though, so upgrading to a newer version (when
he pushes it) should fix the bug.

--
Chris Lalancette

OK, I'll wait for the fix and then I test.
In the mean time, even when fixed, this implies a shutdown of the VM....
Can the other kind of approach considered crash-consistent?

The one involving:
- VM disks are LVs of the host
- pause VM
- do an lvm snapshot of the LVs that compose the VM
- exit VM from pause state (unchek inside virt-manager gui)
- backup the snapshot LVs

Thanks,
Gianluca