Re: [fedora-virt] VM snapshot with qemu-img

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:08:58AM -0700, rt wrote:
> I tried to take snapshot of vm using "qemu-img snapshot" command but
> reverting to a snapshot corrupt the vm disk...

This is only ever going to work if the VM is shut down when
you take the snapshot.

Sorry, but we just don't have the ability to do live snapshots
of running VMs.  It requires a lot of work throughout the stack
(qemu / libvirt / user tools).

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top