Re: [fedora-virt] VM snapshot with qemu-img

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:34:34 -0700 (PDT)
rt wrote:

> Anyway what I'm needing now is a working snapshot, does not matter if I've to shutdown the vm before taking it.

Rather than using the snapshot feature of qcow2, you could just make a
brand new qcow2 image based off the original one, then you can
get back to the original state by removing the new qcow2 and
re-generating it. Snapshots are then separate files.