Re: [fedora-virt] virt-viewer windows port

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 09:02:59PM +0530, anuj rampal wrote:
> i tried "./configure --sysconfdir=C:\pki\"
> but this didnot work...

When you say this "did not work", how did it fail?  The clue is
usually in the error message.

In any case, you almost certainly can't just write C:\pki\ because \
is an escape character.  Maybe you can double them, or use forward
slashes instead.

> LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1 virt-viewer -c qemu://FC11-KVM/session 2

It's really not helpful to use virt-viewer to test.  Test using a
simple tool like virsh.  Get that working first.  Once you understand
what the problem was, *only then* try virt-viewer.

> Do we have to do any configuration on libvirtd to make virt-viewer to work
> over tcp and tls because it works fine from a remote linux machine over ssh.

You can also disable encryption in libvirtd:

  http://libvirt.org/remote.html#Remote_libvirtd_configuration

or read the libvirtd.conf file.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)