Idea / Suggestion

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:34:20 UTC 2006

Hello to all.

Just two ideas I wanted to put forward for discussion:

1) Setting up of mailing list searching facilities to fedoraproject.org to
better search the list archives. I have seen calls for better search
capabilities of the archives numerous times on the mailing lists for Fedora.
I would suggest setting up a system to archive, search, rate (mod), and
maybe even allow for batch download of archive for offline viewing.

2) Setting up of a system to log and search chatter from the IRC channels
for later use.

That ways new posters have less of a reason to not check up on past posts
before posting their own queries. A page outlining guidelines for creating a
good post would be a nice compliment.

My $.002
Arthur Pemberton