Where is the list and descriptions of packages?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 5 15:31:49 UTC 2007

Stanley A. Klein wrote:
> As a user, it is extremely important to know what is available beyond what
> is on the CD's and DVD's.  I am doing clean installs of F7 on several
> systems, and need to bring in the packages that I had installed on my FC5
> systems.  Some of them had been obtained from the FC5 extras repository
> and others were from elsewhere.  Some of what was not included in FC5
> extras may now be in F7, but I don't know.  I need to be able to sort this
> out.

Core and Extras repository was merged for Fedora 7 so what was in Extras
for Fedora Core 5 will be in Fedora 7 repository too unless they were
orphaned in the mean time.

You can find the list of packages in every version including orphaned
packages in the package database available at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb. It is more developer oriented but
will be useful for your needs.

Rahul