[Fedora-xen] Problem with compiled guest

sjafri at purdue.edu sjafri at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 2 03:38:52 UTC 2007

The problem I am currently facing is that I cannot start a guest domain on my
domain-0

I am using version 3.0.4_1 version of xen's source code. I compiled it to make a
domain-0 kernel with all drivers. ( I used make install ). The domain 0 kernel
compiled correctly and is now running, I can connect to the hypervisor through
the virtual manager interface. The version of this kernel is 2.6.16.33-xen

Now I am trying to use the same kernel as a guest domain, however I keep on
getting an error (err 22: invalid argument). Most resurces on the internet state
that this is a very generic error and carries very little information within. I
also tried a kernel specifically compiled to act as a guest domain (make
domainU), however I get the same results.

The literature provided with the code states that the kernel compiled with all
features can act as domain-0 and as guest domains. I am adding an excerpt from
the xend-debug.log file

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDomainDir.py", line
77, in op_create
    dominfo = self.xd.domain_create(config)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomain.py", line 228, in
domain_create
    dominfo = XendDomainInfo.create(config)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 194,
in create
    vm.construct()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 1268,
in construct
    handle = uuid.fromString(self.info['uuid']))
Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')