Re: [Fedora-xen] f7 guest on f8t3

John Summerfield wrote:

This is my command line, it's similar to one that worked for Debian etch and ClarkConnect 4.2 (and Windows XP):

virt-install --name=Fedora7 --ram=384 --vcpus=2 --file=/var/lib/xen/images/Fedora7.img --file-size=4 --vnc --hvm --cdrom=/net/ns/var/local/mirrors/linux/Fedora/7/Fedora/x86_64/iso/F-7-x86_64-DVD.iso --os-type=linux os-variant=fedora7

Windows is fine
Debian's fine
ClarkConnect's fine

f7 took ages loading ata_piix4 (actually it was a little further than this, that's just want was on the install screen). Ages > half an hour after which I went off to lunch.

The screen shot's like this, but a different module. This has been running for ages before the other screen shots.

http://58.6.192.22/f1.png

A lot of possibly-relevant messages scrolled of the screen (fortunately I said "vga=791" so I have a reasonable number), but I can see kernel messages back to its recognising sda. There's nothing to suggest it found the virtual DVD-ROM drive.

I may have misinterpreted something, there's something about ata2 in the messages.
Screen shots at
http://58.6.192.22/f2.png
http://58.6.192.22/f3.png

--