[Fedora-xen] What is XendInvalidDomain?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Nov 7 22:06:29 UTC 2007

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>>
>>>  SHUTDOWN_ALL ./etc/init.d/xendomains: line 306: 27592 Terminated
>>>         watchdog_xm shutdown
>>> /etc/init.d/xendomains: line 306: 27613 Terminated watchdog_xm
>>> shutdown 1
>>> [root at potoroo ~]#
>>
>> Have I offended folk?
>> Does nobody know?
>> Can't someone even tell me (nicely) where to go?
>
> I read the initial report, but there wasn't really enough information to
> help.  Restart the machine and tell us what operation(s) fails, with
> what error messages, and what you were expecting it to do.

I was trying to find what the message actually means, I think my chances
of solving the underlying problem are quite good, once I know what it's
talking about.

The problem arose when my install of ClarkConnect failed (it reckoned it
needed more disk space than I offered), and I tried various ways to
"undefine" it. virt-install doesn't recognise a failed install, so it
figured it should boot the crook virtual disk.

I now have a working CC (I had to explicitly delete the disk image,
virt-install doesn't resize it), and am having dismal results with
Fedora 7:-(

--

Cheers
John