Re: [Fedora-xen] Attaching a virtual CD to an existing domu?

John Summerfield wrote:
Is there a particular reason the install DVD image doesn't, by default, remain attached?

There's a (faulty) assumption here that after the first boot the DVD image is no longer needed, so we unmount it. This is/was due to be fixed (mainly because it's completely the wrong thing to do for Windows) but my Bugzilla-fu isn't up to it this morning and I can't find the tracker bug.

Anyway, easiest thing in Debian is probably just to edit /etc/apt/sources.list and remove the CD-ROM lines. With those removed, apt will just go to the network to get updates rather than trying and failing to mount local CDs.

Rich.