Re: [Fedora-xen] Slightly off-topic question about Xen+LVM

Sam Folk-Williams wrote:

Alternatively, is there any other reliable way to make a self-consistent copy of a running Xen virtual machine image for the case where the Xen virtual machine is held in a regular file system file? Is LVM my only option?

For a single file you can just copy the file... with, say, cp or dd.

Thanks for the reply, but I thought that this is not a valid thing to do for a RUNNING guest. I think that the file will be changing too rapidly (guest machine swap etc) to get a self-consistent copy using just "cp" or "dd". Right?

--
Aaron M.