[Fedora-xen] backporting ZFS for pygrub

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Dec 16 19:53:24 UTC 2008

Hi, all,

The subject line might be a bit off, I'm looking for confirmation that
I'm headed down the right path.

Goal: boot a nexenta DomU (ZFS root) on CentOS 5.2 (until Fedora is
ready...)

I'm not really sure how the xen boot chain is put together.  I find
these in OpenSolaris:
   http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6690215
   http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6540109

which leads me to believe that pygrub uses libfsimage to read its
stages/menu.lst and that from those above bugs I could probably extract
some patches and see if they'll apply to the source in CentOS repos.

Anybody care to say if that sounds correct or likely or if I'm chasing
wild geese?

Thanks,
-Bill

Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/