[Fedora-xen] failure to retrieve ministrg2.img in guest boot

Kenneth Nagin NAGIN at il.ibm.com
Mon Feb 25 09:36:47 UTC 2008

I successful created a XEN guest in fedora 8.  However, the guest will not
boot.

The failure occurs shortly after setting up the IP network settings.
The error message claims that it can not retrieve ministg2.img.
"failure to retrieve
http://download.fedora.redhat.com
//pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/ministrg2.img."

Notice that the error message reads "//pub".
However, the my input for the path had only one forward slash..
Of course, I could not have gotten this far in the install with a faulty
path.

In xend-debug.log read:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomain.py", line 524,
in domain_lookup
    raise XendInvalidDomain(str(domid))
XendInvalidDomain: <Fault 3: 'system3'>

Thanks in advance for any help on how to resolve this issue..

Kenneth Nagin