[Fedora-xen] Updating out-of-date Fedora XenPvopsDom0 wiki page

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Wed Nov 26 09:48:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 09:34:17AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Thanks for poking at this - I've updated the page to remove any
> tracking of the in-progress kernel support, since it's all better
> tracked elsewhere now.

Ok.

Although "i386 Dom0", "x86_64 Dom0" and "Scope" sections still need heavy
editing..

Also, it might be a good idea to mention about this temporary Linux 2.6.27
Xenlinux repository with dom0 support included (with a patch from Suse):

http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-2.6.27-xen.hg

That 2.6.27 kernel is NOT based on pv_ops, but to a forward-port from 2.6.18
Xenlinux kernel. It is just a temporary tree until pv_ops dom0 is ready.

Announcement about that temporary 2.6.27 Xenlinux tree:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-11/msg00600.html

> 	My advice to anyone wanting to help this along is to build and test
> Jeremy's work and iron out any issues with Fedora's xen userland running
> on it.

Yes, that would be a good idea.

Does someone want to build some testing RPMs? :)

-- Pasi