[Fedora-xen] libvirt-0.4.6 for Fedora 8 ?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 14:41:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:27:58AM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Itamar - IspBrasil wrote:
> > +1 for pushing it.
> > +1 for a updated version of virt-manager in fc8 too.
> >

> If libvirt 0.4.6 is pushed for F8, I'll push the
> latest virt-manager + virtinst as well.

I think it is a bad idea to push major new versions of anything to  a
distro that is about to go end of life. We've only just released these
new libvirt, virt-manager & virtinst packages. We *will* cause regressions
in functionality in F8, and with it about to go end of life, we'll be
unable to push further updates to fix the regressions.

If someone really badly wants new libvirt/virt-manager for F8, then they
can easily just take the new RPMs from F9/10 and do a rpmbuild --rebuild
on the src. This avoids causing regressions for anyone else on F8 who
don't care.

Daniel