[Fedora-xen] Re: Dom0 Xen kernel RPM

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 07:28:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 22:09 +0000, M A Young wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> > I wonder are you planning on doing these builds regularly? Would it help
> > if you could do it as a branch in Fedora's pkgs CVS, build in koji and
> > host a yum repo on fedorapeople.org?
>
> At the moment I am tracking it mainly for my own interest (and I don't
> know how long that interest will last), but I could certainly try to get
> it up onto a CVS branch (though I don't currently have a fedoraproject
> login).

Cool, well creating a Fedora account is easy:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#Get_a_Fedora_Account

Once you've done that and requested to be added to the packager group,
let me know and I can sponsor you.

After that we just need to get you commit ACLs and you're good to go.

>  Howevere, it sounds from this post
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-02/msg00333.html
> that a fair proportion of the dom0 patches may go into 2.6.29.

  "planning to get at least basic dom0 support into the next merge
   window"

That means 2.6.30 - the merge window for 2.6.29 is closed.

Cheers,
Mark.