[Fedora-xen] Re: Dom0 kernels

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 00:41:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, M A Young wrote:

> I have built a new set of kernel packages based on fedora rawhide kernels and
> the xen/dom0/hackery branch of Jeremy's git repository
> ( http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=summary ).
> This batch (kernel-2.6.29-0.114.2.6.rc6.fc11) is available via the koji build
> system at
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1149500

And I have now done an update (kernel-2.6.29-0.114.2.8.rc6.fc11) which is
available via http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1178436

> These are really for development and debugging purposes only, as I am still
> having problems getting them to boot, but others have reported more success
> at getting kernels based on this git repository working, so you might be
> lucky.

This one does allow one of my machines to boot in single user mode (which
is all I have really tested so far), though I am sure there are still
plenty of other bugs to find.

> Note to install these packages on Fedora 10 you will need to have
> rpm-4.6.0-1.fc10 installed (currently in updates-testing but it should be
> available in updates soon) because of the change to SHA-256 file digest
> hashing in recent Fedora 11 builds.

 	Michael Young