[Fedora-xen] Re: Configuring Xen on FC10

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Thu Jul 9 09:15:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 04:18:38AM -0400, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> <snip>
> >Xen utils/libraries/hypervisor is included in Fedora 9 and 10, and upcoming
> >11, but dom0 capable kernel is missing until dom0 support is added/included
> >into upstream (Linus) kernel.
> <snip>
>
> OK, help me out here... what is the point of having those packages in
> Fedora 9 and 10 if there is no dom0 support?

They're also in Fedora 11.

1) you can still compile your own custom dom0 kernel (or get the kernel rpm from
somewhere else)

2) Having the hypervisor and tools available helps people to _test_ and
debug the upcoming pv_ops dom0 kernel easily

3) Fedora will add dom0 support back when it's available in upstream
kernel.org kernel, so the hypervisor and tools are ready for that

-- Pasi