[Fedora-xen] Xen HVM Wink2k3 guest network problem

shoom shoom013 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 23:43:55 UTC 2009

I have a pain-staking problem with network on Win2k3 guest on IA64 host with
Red Hat 5.3 - by default it uses Realtek 8139 which is not supported on
Win2k3 in any way, and changing the model (model=whatever in vif=...)
doesn't change anything - it always ends with *!@#! Realtek ... now, I am
very tired of trying out different things (compiling Xen from src.rpm, from
xensource xen-unstable.hg, trying vfirmware from xensource, different
parameters in guest specification, I don't know ..) - nothing helps. Thing
is that I am trying to make the proof of concept in my company for RHEL5.3
as platform for Itanium virtualization (BL380c) in order to get full support
contract with Red Hat as a breakthrough ... but it seems that Microsoft
always has to win, I vae tried to ring every bell available, but nothing
came and now I am tired and worn out completely ... If anyone has any idea,
hint, something, please tell me.
shoom013 at gmail.com