[Freeipa-devel] setting passwords stopped working

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 16:42:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 18:31 +0200, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:43:02AM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 16:38 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > > Will try to repro, a stack trace would be extremely useful tho.
> >
> > Can't repro :(
>
> Help me with a pointer to how to get a stack trace, and I will try
> getting one ASAP. The directory server fails every time I try changing
> password.

provide you install the debuginfo pakages for fedora-ds-base and
ipa-server (you can use debuginfo-install to find out which exactly),
then all is needed is this:

start dirsrv service
ps ax | grep ns-slapd and find the pid

open a new shell and run: gdb /usr/sbin/ns-slapd <pid>
(press c for continue)

do the password change in another shell

in the shell where gdb was used now you should see that a segfdault was
caught and running the command bt in the gdb shell will return the stack
trace (hopefully :-)

Let me know if something is not clear.

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York