custom kernel for Centos 5 kickstart?

Callahan, Tom CallahanT at tessco.com
Wed May 30 17:58:05 UTC 2007

I remember there being an option to define which MAC addr is defined as
eth0, etc. This was something you could define on the kickstart command
line.... Check out the documentation for anaconda.

On 5/30/07 1:49 PM, "Guolin Cheng" <guolin at alexa.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Has any one tried to merge a custom kernel into vmlinuz/initrd.img for Centos
> 5 kickstart? Or similar Linux distribution?
>
>  I am rebuilding a custom kernel from stock kernel source to build some
> hardware modules into static form, so that the hardware detection sequence can
> be altered in a hard way. Quick examples are: tg3 drivers will be loaded
> before e1000, 3w-9xxx be loaded before 3w-9xxx, etc.
>
>  Please advice. If the object could be achieved through adjustment to
> /etc/modules.conf or similar files, then it could be even more fantastic.

-------------------------------
Tom Callahan
TDS Engineering
410-229-1361  Tel
410-588-7605  Mobile
410-229-1512  Fax
callahant at TESSCO.com

TESSCO
Your Total Source for Wireless
http://www.tessco.com

Network Infrastructure Equipment | Mobile Devices & Accessories |
Installation, Test, Equipment & Supplies