chroot /path/to/start/in Multi-COMMAND

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Tue Feb 24 15:53:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 01:21:49AM -0500, Joe_Wulf wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I've got a script that works its magic on the local directory, since it could be
> anywhere (by design).
> In a %post --nochroot'd environment, I'd created the following command:
>
> chroot /mnt/sysimage  ( cd /workingdir; myscript )
>
> except kickstart errors it out, complianing about the open paren.
>
> I'd looked on the fedora anaconda/kickstart site for further guidance, but it
> doesn't even list
> chroot as an available command, much less document/explain it.

I deal with this by copying over a script that does this stuff to /tmp,
then echo "/tmp/firstboot.sh" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local  The last couple of
lines in firstboot.sh remove that line from rc.local and reboot the
machine.

It is a little messy, but it works, and I have the RPM db and such
available to me because the system is actually running from the
installed OS.