Re: releasever in a kickstart

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 08:18 -0400, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to improve a generic kickstart for Fedora. Since not all packages are present on the DVD for my setup, I have to include "everything" repository:
>
> repo --name="everything" --baseurl=http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/linux/releases/13/Everything/i386/os/
>
> I would like to avoid hardcoding "13" and "i386" and to be able to determine $releasever/$basearch in %pre section, so I don't have to update kickstart with each Fedora release.

I haven't tried using yum variables in the kickstart 'repo' line.  I
honestly don't recall whether it works or not.

Can you confirm that it doesn't work?  I think it might be worth
considering as a feature request for anaconda/pykickstart.  Of course,
without digging deeper, I'm not sure what plumbing (if any) would be
required to enable this.

Thanks,
James