[Libvir] Still can't run a simple python test libvirt !

Omer Khalid Omer.Khalid at cern.ch
Tue Dec 19 15:03:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am still unable to run my simple libvirt test!

I checked out the code from libvirt cvs and following the instructions till
'make install'. It all went well. So then I ran my simply python test, as
shown here (http://www.libvirt.org/python.html). It keeps on giving me the
following error.

[root at lcgctb9 libvirt]# python testLibvirt.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testLibvirt.py", line 1, in ?
    import virt
ImportError: No module named virt

I have verified that the library is linked by the following:

[root at lcgctb9 libvirt]# pkg-config libvirt --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -lvirt -lxenstore

[root at lcgctb9 libvirt]# pkg-config --variable=prefix libvirt
/usr/local

I really appreciate your help!

Regards
Omer

CERN – European Organization for Nuclear Research
Information Technology Department
CH-1211 Geneva 23

Phone: +41 (0) 22 767 7996
Fax:     +41 (0) 22 767 4900