[Libvir] os/bootloader

John Levon levon at movementarian.org
Sun Dec 9 00:11:21 UTC 2007

I'm no good at reading relax/ng, but I think that this:

          <group>
            <ref name='os'/>
            <optional>
              <ref name='bootloader'/>
            </optional>
          </group>
          <group>
            <ref name='bootloader'/>
            <optional>
              <ref name='os'/>
            </optional>
          </group>

means I can specify either os, or bootloader, or both. The latter case
makes a lot of sense when using pygrub. However, src/xml.c doesn't
implement those semantics:

1219     if (!bootloader) {
1220         if ((node = virXPathNode("/domain/os[1]", ctxt)) != NULL) {
1221             /* Analyze of the os description, based on HVM or PV.  */
1222             str = virXPathString("string(/domain/os/type[1])", ctxt);

I think that we should just remove the "if (!bootloader) {" bit here -
agree?

I'm looking at the schema and I don't see (at least)
domain/devices/input, which appears to be used in src/xml.c too - is the
schema out of date in 0.3.3 ? The tests don't pass xmllint!

thanks
john